Daily Skin Care Routine at Home- 2020
Daily Skin Care Routine at home for Oily, Dry, and Normal Skin types. ‘Say goodbye to hefty spa bills and follows these basic tips to get glowing skin. Radiant skin is a dream of every girl. After all, who wants acne-prone or dull skin? However, nothing comes easy and is the glowing skin. Why not stick with a Daily Skin Care Routine at home to achieve healthy and glowing skin?
It does not make sense to burn holes in your pocket at spas when your basic regime is not correct. This skin regime largely depends on the type of your skin. As all of us are having different skin types, we have various skin issues as well.
While oily skin is prone to pimples, dry skin is prone to acne and cracking. Hence different skin types require different skincare regimes to achieve a radiant glow.
Related post- Home Remedies For Glowing Skin in One Day
Here is the answer to your dilemma what should be your Daily Skin Care Routine at home for different skin type to keep your skin troubles at bay:
Natural Skin Care Routine
For Dry Skin:
Dealing with dry skin is not easy as it needs a systematic approach over some time to get visible results.
If you are wondering, how can I care about my skin at home? Here are some of the easy-to-go tips to consider:
- As soon as you get up in the morning, the first thing you require is a refreshing cold water splash on your face.
- Always use a moisturizing cleanser to cleanse your face gently. A normal or a dry cleaner will further add dryness to your skin and can harm it potentially. Highly fragrant products with unnecessary botanicals should be avoided.
- Use a moisturizer on your skin and wait until it is fully absorbed to nourish your skin. If you are about to step out from home, always use sunscreen with SPF 30 or more.
- For makeup prefer concealers, tinted moisturizers, and bb creams as they contain moisturizer as well, which will avoid any dry patches on your skin.
- Your skin also gets affected mainly by the type of food you eat. Foods rich in antioxidants are an excellent remedy for dry skin. These foods keep your skin free from radicals and add a radiant glow when consumed for a longer duration in continuation. Instead of fried or junk food, choose raw and boiled veggies/ fruits, which will also help to keep a check on your weight besides treating your dull skin well.
- The repair of the skin occurs the most when you sleep. Hence, sleeping while wearing makeup is not a good idea. It is essential to nourish your skin with the right products during the night to achieve the maximum results.
Skin Care Routine For Dry Skin
- Always clean your face thoroughly using a moisturizing cleanser before going to bed and remove any makeup using warm water. Apply a nourishing moisturizer gently to keep your skin moisturized throughout the night.
- Avoid extremely hot or cold showers as these are responsible for damaging the dry skin mostly. Lukewarm water should be preferred.
- Keep a moisturizer handy and never leave your skin bare after every face wash or bath.
- Clothes play a vital role to avoid any rashes on your skin. Especially in summers, khadi and cotton clothes are suitable for dry skin.
- As dryness and tanning are lethal combinations. It is essential to avoid spending a more extended time under the sun. If required, keep a sunscreen lotion handy to apply after 2-3 hours.
- To make your skin youthful, the use of eye cream is highly recommended. As the dry skin is highly prone to wrinkles and fine lines around eye areas, eye creams generally contain peptides that boost collagen activity and turn your skin young by improving cell turnover.
- For dehydrated skin, face oil massage before going to bed is best to go with instead of using a night cream.
Skin Care Routine For Dry Skin
For Oily Skin
Oily skin types require diligent Daily Skin Care Routine at home to avoid several skin troubles.
Here we go with the easy tips that will help to deal with your excessive oil secretion issues by your skin:
- Oily skin yields excess oil. It makes your face dirty and greasy after short intervals of time. To remove the excess fat, always wash your face using gentle soaps and warm water.
- Buttermilk is excellent to use as a cleaning agent for dry skin. The lactic milk present in the buttermilk tightens your skin pores and blocks the excess oil release. Massage it gently on your face and wait for 10 minutes. Rinse off your face gently after that.
- Instead of moisturizer based sunscreen, prefer water-based sunscreen. As UV rays accelerate the oil production in your skin, using oil-based sunscreen will make your face oilier and appear to be greasier. Always refer to the label of your sunscreen, which mentions the composition to determine the right one for you.
- To balance oil production in your skin and get rid of any acne issues, ylang ylang essential oil is highly recommended. With no side effects, this essential oil is appropriate for kids as well as adults.
- Always use an oil-free moisturizer after a bath or a face wash to balance the excessive oil secretion. Harsh toners and cleaners may work well on your oily skin in the short term. But these products take a toll in the long run as your oil glands are required to work harder. Hence, prefer the mild cleanser which works naturally for your skin without putting much pressure on your oil-secreting organs.
- Before applying any makeup, use an oil-free primer. Products with Salicylic Acid are best as it helps in controlling acne. Avoid silicone-based products that can accelerate your acne issues terribly.
- Using face power can also help in fetching the excess oil. However, applying too much force will cause your skin to produce excessive oil. A blotting paper should be handy to use after 2 hours to remove the excess fat from your face. Avoid scrubbing this paper on your face as it may cause rashes. Dab it on your skin or keep it for 15 minutes to soak the excess oil from your skin.
- Diet also plays a vital role in keeping your skin healthy and balanced. High-fat foods are deemed to be highly responsible for oily skin and acne issues. Sugary products also spike insulin, which further stimulates the oil glands. Hence avoid high carbohydrate foods like pasta, candy, etc.
- Clay masks are highly beneficial in removing the excess oil from your skin. It is essential to remove the clay mask before drying out completely to exfoliate your skin correctly.
- Messaging your face with face oil can relieve your sebaceous glands and help in unclogging your pores. Remove the oil immediately after the few minutes of the message.
Daily Skin Care Routine For Glowing Skin
For Normal Skin
Blessed with a healthy skin does not exempt you from the Daily Skin Care Routine at home. It is essential to take diligent care of your skin with easy tips as follows:
- Face cleaning with a sulfate-free cleanser is highly recommended in the morning when you get up. This cleanser helps in removing the excess oil (if any) without drying out your skin. Toners with harsh chemicals are strict no as these are very harmful and dehydrate your skin gradually.
- Moisturizer with SPF 25 or less is appropriate for healthy skin. It gently protects your skin and keeps it hydrated without causing excess oil.
- An antioxidant serum is the best way to improve the defensive system of your skin and nourish it to the core. Peppermint and rosemary are the revitalizing agents, while Vitamin C promotes healthy cell turnover to appear your skin younger and radiant.
- Non-comedogenic products and products with high chemical compositions should refrain. Use organic and natural products to avoid any potential harm in the long term.
- Glycolic Acid is one of the recommended skin exfoliating agents for healthy skin, which helps in penetrating the skin and remove dead skin cells effectively. It leaves your skin supple and soft.
These easy tips are the answers to your query, what is a daily routine for glowing skin at home?
It is worthwhile to note that your diet plays an integral part in your daily skincare routine at home. What you eat and how healthy is your lifestyle directly reflects on your skin in the long term. It is important to take 7-8 hours of sleep every day and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Stick to home-cooked food and cut out the refined flours, sugar, and high-carbohydrate diet.
Add vitamin C enriched foods like lemon, orange as well as antioxidant-rich foods such as broccoli, spinach, Avocados, etc. to your diet to add radiance to your skin naturally. Know more about the food which you must include in your diet to get rid of skin troubles. I hope you like the post about “Daily Skin Care Routine at home.” Share it with your friends. For more diet plans visit diet24x7.com.