12 Food to Prevent Cancer From Spreading
Food to prevent cancer spreading: Eating right is very important for a healthy lifestyle. Especially if you are suffering from a chronic disease like cancer, diet plays a vital role in repairing your body and help recovering it.
A shift to a healthy diet plan including healthy fats, high proteins, and vitamins is the best way to improve your health and restrict cancer cells in your body. Getting good nutrition is important to avoid severe health issues. Check out 15 Miracle Foods That Cure Cancer.
Cancer Foods to Avoid: Foods Which Cause Cancer
There are several foods that increase the risk of cancer and thus recommended to be avoided.
Here are some of the foods which should be strictly avoided to minimize cancer risk:
- Processed food and Fat: While plant-based fat helps in reducing the risk of cancer, the fat from processed foods increases the cancer risk. Trans fats are primarily responsible for breast cancer. Processed foods are high on trans fat.
- Alcohol: As alcohol contributes to the estrogen level, it induces the risk of cancer. Women with a week intake of alcohol are 15% more prone to breast cancer. With additional each day of alcohol, the risk of cancer increases by 10%.
- Red meat: When red meat is cooked at high temperatures, it triggers the release of toxins and increases the cancer risk.
- Added Sugar: A high diet of sugar contributes to tumor development in mammary glands.
Food to Prevent Cancer From Spreading
Food to prevent cancer from spreading: Here are some of the foods which are highly recommended to include in your diet to minimize the risk of cancer:
- Olive Oil
- Citrus Fruits
- Flax seeds4
- Fatty Fish
Cancer Diet Cure: Eat Right to Avoid Cancer
Miracle foods that cure cancer: There is no specific diet that can cure cancer completely. However, adopting a specific dietary plan helps in restricting the growth of cancer cells or prevents you from the risk of cancer.
A balanced vegetarian diet with higher fiber, lean proteins, whole grains, vitamins, fruits, and vegetables is recommended as the best diet.
- Include 2-3 cups of vegetables and fruits in your diet on a daily basis. Emphasize on green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, yellow veggies, and orange carrots.
- Drink a lot of water during the day to stay hydrated. You can add freshly-squeezed lime to add some goodness of citrus to it.
- Eat healthy calories and avoid junk food to recover your body from the damage fast.
- Fill your kitchen with healthy foods that require minimal or no cooking such as yogurt, nuts, fresh fruits, and vegetables.
Lung Cancer-Fighting Food to be Included in Your Diet
The antioxidants present in some foods help in fighting various types of cancer including lung cancer. Especially when you are diagnosed with lung cancer, you need to choose foods with higher nutrition and follow a well-balanced diet.
Here are some of the recommended lung-cancer fighting foods which you should include in your diet:
Rely on whole grains
Being a good source of fibre and carbohydrates, whole grains keep the energy level in your body up. Hence you should include in your diet:
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat bread
- Whole grain pasta
Select the healthy fat
Choosing healthy fat is a boon to your health over the fatty, greasy and fried foods. You can choose the broiled, grilled or baked foods which include the healthy fast. Some of such food options are:
- Olive Oil
Include vegetables and fruits
Loaded with the antioxidants, fruits, and vegetables help in fighting cancer and must be included in your diet. You can choose a minimum of 5 servings every day from a variety of colorful vegetables and fruits.
Add protein-rich foods
To repair the tissues and cells in our body, we need protein. It also contributes to recovering our immune system from illness. Hence, you should include high-protein died by choosing the foods as below:
- Soy foods
- Nut and nut butter
- Lean meats such as turkey, chicken, and fish
- Low-fat dairy products such as yogurt, milk, and cheese
Breast Cancer-Fighting Foods to be Included in Your Diet
The main problem with breast cancer is that it starts from anywhere and grows in different ways. Hence, it requires different treatments. The importance of diet cannot be undermined. There are certain foods which are highly beneficial in prevention as well as treatment of breast cancer as follows:
1 – Fiber-rich foods such as legumes, beans, and whole grains
High fiber foods help in controlling the estrogen level in the body. Estrogen contributes to the development of cancer cells. With fiber, the body removes the waste and estrogen along. High fiber food helps in removing the toxins in your body as well.
2 – Plant-based foods containing antioxidants
The risk of breast cancer can be reduced by 15% if you include the vegetables and fruits rich in carotenoids and flavonoids. Vegetables like carrots are rich in beta carotene which lowers the risk of breast cancer.
Fruits such as peaches and berries are beneficial in preventing breast cancer. Include some grass-fed meat, pulses beans, eggs, and fish in your diet which helps in fighting breast cancer.
3 – Soybean products
A plant protein, soy is beneficial in reducing breast cancer risk. The people with breast cancer are recommended to include soy in their diet. It also reduces low-density lipoprotein (LDL). Tempeh, soy nuts, tofu, soy milk, etc.
Foods rich in vitamins, specifically in Vitamin D, Spices with anti-inflammatory properties and Low-fat dairy products are other food groups that are highly recommended for breast cancer prevention.
I hope you like the post about “food to prevent cancer from spreading“. Share it with your friends and family. For more information, visit diet24x7.com.