How To Lose 50 Pounds In 2 Months? Best way to lose weight
How to lose 50 pounds in 2 months: Losing weight is a tough task. Especially when you have a massive target like losing 50 pounds, it would be impossible without a considerable strategy.
With a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits, most of the people living in the United States of America are suffering from obesity. If you target to lose 50 pounds (23 kg) in 2 months, it gets you the average of losing 2.3 kg per week.
To lose weight over 2.3 kg per week, you need to lose 2500 calories every day. Weight-loss is all about creating a calorie deficit. When your body tends to lose more calories than it gains, it leads to weight loss.
A healthy weight loss is between 1 lb – 2 lb (0.5 kg to 1 kg). Losing this much weight required a calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 every day.
It is crucial to know that the slow weight loss is stable and effective as quick weight loss leads to the loss of water, and there are higher chances of such weight coming back to you. Following a healthy weight loss plan with healthy food and more exercise will help you reach your weight loss goals.
Must Read: How Many Calories in An Apple?
Here is how to lose 50 pounds in 2 months:
Set Realistic Weight Loss Goals
It is essential to set a sensible weight loss plan. Setting an unrealistic weight loss plan makes you feel disappointed, and you may feel like quitting your weight loss mission.
- Outline the total weight you want to lose and the time frame in which you want to drop in the long term
- Now start focusing on the short term goals to set a realistic long term goal.
- Decide how much weight you can lose in 1 month and distribute the weight loss schedule within four weeks.
Also Read: Best Time to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
Set Your Daily Calorie Intake To Create A Calorie Deficit
To lose weight as we know, we need to create a calorie deficit
- Depending on your activity schedule, decide the minimum number of calories you need for the day
- Choose the healthy foods which contribute towards your weight-loss mission
- Say, if you want to reduce 8 pounds a month, you need to lose 2 pounds every week to reach your goals.
- The right combination of exercise and diet can help you to cut down 500 to 1000 calories per day
- Many calorie-tracking apps allow you to keep a check on your calorie intake.
- A healthy diet for a woman includes a calorie intake of 1200 to 1500 calories per day. A man needs 1500 to 1800 calories a day.
Also Read: 15 Energy Giving Food List
Substitute The High-Calorie Food With Healthy Diet Plan
Start with the small changes in your diet. If you drink sugary drinks, replace them with water or green tea to cut down the calorie intake.
Similarly, instead of packaged snacks, rely on salads and green vegetables. Include more fruits in your diet to increase fiber intake.
- Fresh fruits and raw vegetables cut off your calorie intake and make you feel full.
- Include a small serving of salads with every meal to restrict calorie intake.
- Fruits like pears, apples, melon, and berries are the healthy option
- Replace bread, pasta, chips with boiled vegetables like green beans, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.
- Salads from spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, spring mix, and tomatoes are nutritious and healthy.
Also Read: 7 Best Fruits Good For Eyes
Go For Intermittent Fasting
When you consume all your meals for the day in a prescribed period when your body is most active and fast for the rest of the hours, it is called intermittent fasting. It is crucial to stick to the meal timings and remain consistent with that.
Say, if you have your breakfast at 7 AM, lunch at 1 PM, and dinner at 6 PM, there will be no food intake between 6 PM in the evening to 7 AM the next morning, and you would be fasting for 13 hours.
- Depending on your activity schedule, you can fix your eating window.
- Eating breakfast at 7 AM and dinner by 5 PM fixes your eating window of 10 hours
- It means you are fasting for 14 hours
- It is essential to have all your meals at the same time during intermittent fasting
Also Read: High Protein Low Carb Foods Low Fat?
Switch To Low Carb Diet
High carbohydrate and fat intake lead to weight gain. If you are on your mission to lose weight, you need to cut down carbohydrates and fat in your diet.
- Replace high-carb foods like white pasta, chips, and fries with a low-carb diet such as bacon, non-starchy veggies, eggs, and cheese.
- A low-fat diet is the best way to stick to this diet for the long run.
- Sticking to a low carb diet should result in a calorie deficit
- Hence, overall calorie intake should be lesser than the calories you burn for the day
Also Read: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Days Detox?
Replace Beverages With Increased Water intake
As we know, water has zero calories, and it keeps our body hydrated. If you are in the habit of drinking beverages and sugary drinks, cut down your calorie intake by replacing them with zero-calorie water. You can also add lime to make it a tasty yet healthy replacement for beverages.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks and sugary soda
- Add a few fresh berries, cucumber slices, mint leaves, or lime wedges to enjoy the water with different flavors.
Also Read: How Many Carbs in a Low Carb Diet?
Reduce Your Food Portion With Mindful Eating
When you become aware of your body and calorie intake, you start with mindful eating. You keep track of what you are eating and how much quantities. It helps in cutting down the calorie intake by eating less.
- Turn off the TV and stay away from mobile while eating. It will help you to assess frequently on where to stop
- Take smaller bites and chew properly. Gobbling down the food in a hurry makes you eat more.
- Define the food portions. Say, one bowl of rice, two chupatties, one bowl of curd, and so on. Stick to the portions to maintain your calorie intake
- You can include as much salad as you want in your diet. It is rich in fiber and makes you feel full for a long time.
Losing weight not only makes you feel confident and attractive but also saves you from many health issues. Over-weight people are more likely to suffer from health issues like blood pressure and diabetes.
Hence, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to stay active and free from health-issues.